Local Time in Yei

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Catching up on posts!

I’m sorry I am so behind on my blogs. I have been writing them, just not posting them. Enjoy!
March 21, 2010
Example of God’s provision and power:
Today I woke up tired in body, mind, and spirit.  All I wanted to do was lie in bed all day and be depressed, but God in His wisdom and mercy brought me out of my house and began to work.  Ps 95 was read in church this morning and I was reminded of why the great God, our Maker, should be praised with all that we have.  As the praise team began joyously singing in Arabic, clapping their hands and dancing I was encouraged by their jubilation in praising our Great God.  I was immediately refocused on who my day is to be centered around. Thank you Lord for humbling me.
March 22, 2010
Little Hands That Pray!
Prayer- communication with God.  Or, is it more than that? Is it about trusting no matter how bad things may look or how impossible they may be that God is our ultimate provider and has all things under His control.  It’s faith in His sovereignty; faith in His grace.  As an adult I find myself praying without the faith and the trust in God and His provision and plan.  Jesus wasn’t kidding when He said, “Be like a little child”.  Malaria has hit our compound with full force- everyone is getting it.  We have one family that it really hit hard- all four kids a week at a time had malaria.  All of them for the first time, so it was really bad, Nandain, the youngest child, was very sick with a very high fever.  The father and our clinical staff was very nervous.  Our children (that live on our compound) decided they need to pray over Nandain.  So, a group of children marched up to the clinic, ask all of the adults to leave, because they were going to pray for Nandain.  They shut the door and they prayed and prayed.  You see they know that God is in control and all we have to do is trust Him and give up our control.  What a valuable lesson to learn from a group of children under the age of eleven. 

March 29, 2010
Lay out the palms- the King is coming
Today I was walking with my friend Gira and we passed a Catholic church that had palm branches strewn all around.  Gira and I just remembered that yesterday was Palm Sunday.  I can’t remember that I forgot.  Palm Sunday- the Sunday Jesus entered into Jerusalem the people shouted “Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!”  A week later He was crucified by maybe even some of those same people. (Matt 21:1-11_ Do you we do that too?  One minute we are praising Him for the great things He has done and the next minute we betray Him by disregarding Him, because things do not go our ways.  Yet, Christ still died for us and then He conquered death!
March 31, 2010
My Kawaja!
Some children have teddy bears, some dolls, some puppies, some even goats, and some, some have Kawajas! Kawaja means, white person. I have been adopted as a child’s own personal Kawaja.  I have a little friend, named Grace, she is eight years old.   See Grace is always around me. She is always peeking through my windows, knocking on my door, searching high and low for me.  If, I am not at home(even if I am and I am just hiding) she will camp outside my door and wait. There has been a couple of times this week when I woke up in the morning or I was taking a nap and opened the door and there was Grace sitting Indian style facing my door.  She had a big smile on face and said “My Miss Olson, I am here for you!”.  Grace has so affectionaly called me “My kawaja” and when I told her that she shouldn’t call me that, because she knows my name and I am teacher and calling me “My kawaja” is disrespectful she started calling me, “My Miss Olson”.  



No comments:

Post a Comment