Local Time in Yei

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tomorrow is the day and Hip Hip Hooray for today and for luggage!

The day I have been waiting for since I stepped onto African soil is soon approaching. I have read, I have stressed, I have planned, I have re- planned, I have re-read, I have created worksheets, I have created a power point presentation, I am as prepared as I am going to get. I am starting my first day of school tomorrow. I am beginning my first day of my 3rd year of teaching. Just like in the states, I am nervous and excited for my first day. But in a way this is a little different.
 It is kind of like when you were in kindergarten and you were excited to start school, but once you got there your eyes got really big and you grabbed onto your mom's leg and you cried, "Don't leave me, I don't want to be a big girl!" Yeah, that is what I feel like right now. I am so excited inside, but part of me is grabbing tightly to God's leg saying, "Don't leave me, I don't want to be a big girl!" You know the beauty of that is? God's not going to leave me. He is going to take my hands off of His leg and He is going to hold them and He is going to lead me.   As I am teaching, He is going to teach me. Isn't that beautiful! God didn't leave me here to fend for myself. God led me here to Sudan and God is going to be the one to hold my hand and lead me through. Amazing, right! So, I am starting school tomorrow. I will find out what classroom I am in and I will get to each one of my students. I have a day planned of getting to know one another and reviewing. I am so excited!

Hip Hip Hooray for today!
So football(soccer) is a HUGE deal in Sudan. Our staff at ECTC and couple of people in the community are on a team and they play other teams in the surrounding communities. Well, today was the semi-finals for this tournament and I our team won. Yeah! So I wanted to show you a couple of pictures of how into football my Sudanese comrades get. It is so awesome!
These are people leaving the game and they are hollering and yelling and soooo excited!





There was like a parade of people and a bunch of men got in a truck and were all excited and yelling!










Hip Hip Hooray for Luggage and pants!
So Tara came yesterday, Yeah! I am excited that I finally got to chance to meet her. I am so excited to get the chance to know her better. She also was amazing and brought my luggage that I had to leave in Kampala so for the first time in a little over 2 weeks I got to wear pants! I am so thankful! Thank you Tara!
My luggage, finally in my possession. Oh, glorious luggage! And... pants!

Prayer Requests:
- Please, Pray for this country! There is so much unrest with in tribes and the upcoming elections in April.
- Pray for tribal killings, child abductions, and famine that is plaguing Sudan.
- First day of the 4th term tomorrow!
- Pray for health; there are some teachers and students that are ill with malaria and other illnesses.
- Please, pray for one of the workers in our clinic, Francis, his son is extremely sick and is the hospital on oxygen. He is only 1 1/2 years old. Please, pray for this little baby, his parents, and the doctors for wisdom as they continue to figure out what is going on.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had your first day of school. I will add you and Sudan to my daily prayer list. I am very proud of you. Keep up the good work. Blessings,

    Dale

    ReplyDelete
  2. excited to see pictures and read of what you're doing! looking forward to hearing how teaching goes! Thanks for the prayer points. we'll keep them in front of us and look for updates. Had a good time at Kpla retreat with R, S, J, M and thought of you.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete